Thursday, January 20, 2011

Shawn Gethke Interview

What is your favourite sport?
My favourite sport would have to be hockey, I have played hockey for 13 years

Why is hockey your favourite?
I've just always found hockey to be the most interesting. I began watching it and playing when I was five

Who is your favourite player?
I don't have one favourite player to be specific, I really like the Toronto Maple Leafs and they were always the team I watched when growing up. I have a lot of admiration for Curtis Joesph, and did somewhat idolize him growing up as he was the Leaf's lead goaltender.

What position do you play?
I am a goaltender and have played hockey as a goal tender for the past 12 years

Did you play Triple A?
Yes I did, i played for 5 years and they were all key years in my development and enjoyment of the game.

Where are you playing now?
Currently I play for the Goderich Junior C Sailors, I have also been asked to be the goaltender of the Wingham Ironmen, but my commitment this year has been to the Sailors. I hope next year I can accept the position for the Ironmen and begin making money as their allowance is 100 dollars a week.

How far do you plan on taking you hockey career?
As far as I can go, I will be hoping to play for the Ironmen next year or whatever school I decide to go to team. Whether it be school teams or organized league I will continue to play until I have to make the decision to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment